Murphy Writing of Stockton University Presents
River View Poetry Getaway
May 4-6, 2018
This scholarship offers $300 towards one writer's tuition to attend the River View Poetry Getaway in New York. The recipient will need to pay for the remainder of the tuition and transportation.
River View Poetry Getaway Scholarship Application
A panel of judges will review the submissions and make their selections based on a combination of merit and need. Applications will be accepted through March 8, 2018. There is a $3 application fee to help offset the cost of administering the scholarship. Requirements:
- Be a first-time River View Poetry Getaway participant who is 18 or over as of May 4, 2018.
- Prepare a brief bio, a paragraph describing your financial need and a brief personal statement telling us why you would like to attend the River View Poetry Getaway, each 150 words or less.
- Format a single document with 3 pages of poetry (one poem per page, single spaced). It is up to you whether to submit published or unpublished piece(s). Excerpts of longer pieces are okay. Please note that if your submission exceeds 3 pages and/or does not meet the formatting guidelines, your application will not be considered.
- Complete this online application with the files above and pay the $3 application fee, which is used to help administer the scholarship process.
- Deadline: March 8, 2018.
- Please note: We are unable to accept snail mail applications.
- Scholarship recipient will be announced on www.murphywriting.com/riverview on March 28, 2018.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Do I have to register for the River View Poetry Getaway to apply for a scholarship?
A: No. You are not required to register and pay for the River View Poetry Getaway when applying for a scholarship. If you wish to register before the results are announced because you plan to attend regardless of whether you receive the award, you are more than welcome to do so. Please note the same Fine Print and Cancellation Policy
applies if you need to cancel your registration.
Q: I would like to sign up for the River View Poetry Getaway to make sure I get a seat. Is it still possible to apply for a scholarship and will I get a refund if I receive one?