Murphy Writing of Stockton University Presents
Writing Getaway Scholarships for Stockton Students
Murphy Writing of Stockton University is offering scholarships to Stockton students for several programs throughout the year. We will select at least one scholarship recipient per program, and notify the recipient at least 10 days before the program.
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis according to the following bolded deadlines:
- For the opportunity to attend the Autumn Writing Getaway (November 3, 2018), the deadline to apply has been extended to Thursday, October 18.
- For the opportunity to attend the New Year's Writing Retreat (January 12 and 13, 2019), apply by Sunday, November 25, 2018 at 11:59pm.
- For the opportunity to attend Writing in the Pines (April 27, 2019), apply by Sunday, April 7, 2019 at 11:59pm.
- For the opportunity to attend the Shore Thing Writing Getaway (June 22, 2019), apply by Sunday, June 2, 2019 at 11:59pm.
A panel of judges will review the submissions and make their selections. Requirements:
- In 150 words or less, tell us why you would like to attend.
- Format a single document with 1 poem (single spaced) or 3 pages of prose (double spaced). Excerpts of longer pieces are okay. Please note that if your submission exceeds these lengths and/or does not meet the formatting guidelines, we will not be able to consider it.
- Submit this online application with the files above.
- Please note: We are unable to accept snail mail applications.
- Deadline: Rolling basis, through June 2, 2019. By applying, you acknowledge that you may be selected to receive a scholarship for any programs listed above that take place following the date of your submission.
- We will select at least one scholarship recipient per program, and notify the recipient at least 10 days before the program. In addition to contacting the recipients, we may publish their names on our website, www.stockton.edu/murphywriting.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is it free for Stockton University students to apply for this scholarship?
A: Yes. There is no fee for Stockton students to apply.
Q: Do I have to register for the program to apply for a scholarship?
A: No. You are not required to register and pay for the program when applying for a scholarship. If you wish to register before the results are announced because you plan to attend regardless of whether you receive the award, you are more than welcome to do so. Please note the same Fine Print and Cancellation Policy applies if you need to cancel your registration.
Q: I would like to sign up for the program to ensure I get a seat. Is it still possible to apply for the scholarship and will I get a refund if I am selected?
A: Yes, you are absolutely welcome to apply, and we will give you a refund if you receive a scholarship. Please note: the same Fine Print and Cancellation Policy applies if you choose to register and don’t receive a scholarship.
Q: Where can I find out more about the programs?
QUESTIONS? Email email@example.com or call 609-626-3594. We will respond during business hours (Mon.-Fri., 9am-5pm).